Sports Education Leadership Programs
Sports Educational Leadership After School Programs
- Monday, 21 February 2011
- Written by James Taylor
TAS-AFTERSCHOOL ACADEMY (AGES 5 - 12)
Thank you for your interest in the Taylored Athletes EL-Afterschool Academy. The purpose of this guide is to provide you with important information about our Afterschool Academy, its philosophy and purpose. Academies will consist of a series of eight-week sessions in which your child will participate in a theme- based approach to learning. Themes are selected to support the Department of Education’s curriculum and will help to augment your child’s in-school instruction and retention. At the end of each eight-week session, parents/guardians will be invited to attend a cumulative event to view the children’s work.
TAS MISSION STATEMENT
The Taylored Athletes Basketball Enrichment Program gives young men and woman a chance to enhance their leadership skills to successfully navigate life's journey while improving their skills on the basketball court.
TAS AFTERSCHOOL ACADEMY PROGRAM GOALS
1. To encourage a more positive self-image and belief in our children’s ability to succeed by recognizing their individual talents, accomplishments and worth.
2. To contribute to their education by encouraging our children to work on their assignments conscientiously and accurately with the support and guidance of our dedicated staff members.
3. To provide an opportunity for children to channel their energy into developing coordination while participating in fun, educational activities.
4. To build character and a strong sense of values by stressing the importance of fair play, sportsmanship and teamwork.
5. To provide sufficient opportunity for each child to reflect, imagine and grow in ways that enhance individuality.
6. To establish and maintain an atmosphere of mutual caring, respect, and understanding.
7. To offer a safe, convenient, affordable, quality program to all participants.
8. To give each child an opportunity to achieve their potential in a variety of recreational, educational, and cultural activities of their choosing.
9. TO HAVE FUN!!
Program Module: In accordance with city and county requirements.
- Number of session per module: 30
- Four Quarter sessions Aug – Oct, Nov – Jan, Feb – Apr,
May - June (12) Monthly Sessions:
- Days of Week: M, W, T Time: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Each Group Meets: Twelve (12) times a Month/24 hrs Month
- Must be 5 – 17 years old
- Must be an enrolled student
- Be in good physical condition (Physical/Release required)
- Must attend all training session
Program cost will differ according to school location and number of students participating in the program.Last Updated on Thursday, 09 February 2012 15:04